How To Use Nualgi Ponds & Dosage Instructions:
Not sure how many gallons are in your pond? – Use our Pond Volume Calculator
|APPLICATION REFERENCE TABLE|
|Gallons In Pond||Max Amount|
Adding extra will actually reduce the effectiveness. It is better to do half a dose than to overdose.
- WHAT TO EXPECT
- You should see less algae buildup on the pond surface and in the filter. Eventually you’ll be able to reduce the amount you feed fish. If you have floating plants, you should see them thrive and become more colorful. In all ponds water should look clearer with fish more active & vibrant.
- Patience is important with Nualgi. Some ponds clear in a few days, while others can take over 4 weeks. If it has been over a month of dosing and you have not achieved results, please contact us to help troubleshoot.
- In a severely eutrophic ponds, results will be visible by the first afternoon – bubbling up of oxygen, foul odor stops, Blue Green Algae may crash and float up, etc. Water may appear brown or turn green, but that is part of the biological process.
- BEFORE YOU DOSE
- Shake the bottle vigorously and measure out the proper dose. Better to under dose than to add more than the recommended amount.
- Physically remove dead leaves, debris and any algae that you can scoop out before starting the Nualgi dose. Learn more about opening your pond for spring on our blog.
- TIMING YOUR DOSE
- Nualgi Ponds should be dosed every 7 days, preferably in the morning to maximize effectiveness.
- You can use Nualgi Ponds throughout the winter and spring by following dosing on the label. Use reduced dose frequency as the water temperature changes. Below is a guide on how often to apply Nualgi Ponds into your water system.
- 40°-49° – Dose once a month
- 50°-59° – Dose once every two weeks
- 60°+ – Dose once a week with normal instructions
For more tips on preparing for ponds season, please read our guide on spring opening and cleaning your pond.
- ALTERNATE DOSING FOR PONDS WITH SIGNIFICANT ALGAE BUILDUP
- Nualgi Ponds should be dosed every 5 days where algae covers 20% of the Pond. Reduce dosage to once per 7 days after algae drops to 10% of the pond.
- HOW TO DOSE
- Extract the appropriate dose and dilute in appropriate amount of water. It is important to know the volume of water in your pond before dosing Nualgi. Nualgi is dosed at 1ml per 1000 gallons per week in ponds with algae. If possible, Nualgi should be dosed early in the morning.
- For ponds under 5000 gallons with good flow, Nualgi can be dosed directly into the skimmer or the waterfall or some other area of good flow. For larger ponds, dilute the dosage in a jar of pond water and pour it in the accessible parts of the pond by walking around the periphery.
- Store in a dark cool place – Nualgi does not need to be refrigerated but should be stored away from direct light.
Please take pictures and keep records of your water to gauge progress in your pond. Update us on your pond